MN Green Path is a new program exclusive to Minnesota providing durable, efficient homes which, compared to standard homes, are more cost-effective to own and operate. These homes are healthier, safer, and more protective of our natural Minnesota resources. The trend is towards energy savings in all areas of our lives so this program fits right in!Features of the program are:
- Energy efficiency features: high performance windows, insulation for home envelope and subslab, high-efficient HVAC systems, and energy-efficient appliances and lighting.
- Indoor environmental quality features: low volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in paints and finishes, heat recovery ventilator and low-allergen materials.
- Water conservation features: site design to encourage low-impact development, on-site water recycling, water-efficient appliances and fixtures, and filtration systems.
- Resource Management features: advanced framing, use of materials and techniques such as engineered wood and wood alternatives, recycling of building materials, and locally sourced lumber and materials.
- Site/Development planning such as minimizing disruption, preserving open space, and passive solar orientation.
Even the mls is getting in on the green trend offering more options when listing properties to specify greener listings.
This program can be used with new construction or when remodeling a home. There are
For more information click here.