Have you given any thought to prepping your home for fall? With summer ending and fall fast approaching, there are a few things you can do to get your home ready. Some of them may seem obvious, but many are items homeowners often think about doing but don’t actually do. Take the time now and you will be happy that you did.
- Get your carpets cleaned and wash any rugs that you have.
- Clean out your dryer vent and clean out any dust bunnies that may have accumulated under your washer and dryer.
- Sift through your refrigerator and freezer, toss out any old, expired items, or items you will never use. You may be surprised at how much space you free up.
- Have you tested out your sump pump lately? Now is the perfect time to make sure it is draining like it should.
- Take a good look at your roof. Did it stand up to all the summer storms or do you need to have it professionally evaluated?