Get out your walking shoes… or maybe your boots, grab your coats and get ready to get inspired. The spring Parade of Homes is now on! You can tour 390 gorgeous new Parade Homes all across the Twin Cities.
Parade of Homes Facts
• In its 66th year, the Parade of Homes is presented by the Builders Association of the Twin Cities (BATC).
• The tour runs until March 30th, with 390 new homes that are open Thursdays through Sundays from noon to 6:00 pm.
• All the homes are free to tour with the exception of three Dream Homes that each request a $5.00 donation to the BATC Foundation to enter. The three homes are #282 by TC Homebuilders in Edina and priced at $2,495,000; #297 by Hendel Homes in Woodland and priced at $2,249,000; and #361 by BohLand Homes in Plymouth and priced at $2,200,000.
• A comprehensive Guidebook provides complete information about the tour including maps and photos or illustrations of all the homes, and are available, free of charge, at area Holiday Station stores.
• Want more in-depth information about each builder, search the website, www.ParadeofHomes.org.
• The Parade of Homes features a Green Path Energy Tour, sponsored by Xcel Energy. Each of the 170 featured homes on this tour, have been tested by an independent energy rater to earn a HERS (Home Energy Rating Score) and has its own Home Performance Report (HPR) that graphically explains the home’s HERS score. The HPR allows home buyers to compare the expected energy use between homes.
• The lowest priced home is #45, a $174,900, two-bedroom split entry single family home by Progressive Builders, Inc. and located in Otsego.
• The most expensive home is #282, one of our Dream Homes. The Edina residence is by TC Custom Home Builders and priced at $2,494,000.
• Three homes on the tour are priced under $200,000. A total of 47 homes are priced under $300,000. There are 90 homes priced between $300,000 and $400,000, the most populated $100K spread. There are 76 homes priced between $400,000 and $500,000. A total of 143 homes are priced between $500,000 and $1,000,000; 25 homes are priced between $1,000,000 and $2,000,000, with three (all three Dream Homes) priced over two million dollars.
• A total of $213,105,500 dollars in housing is represented in the Parade of Homes.
• Homes are located throughout the region. However, the growing suburbs account for the largest number of homes and include 27 in Blaine, 14 in Chaska, 24 in Lakeville, 16 in Maple Grove, 23 in Plymouth, and 26 in Woodbury.
So have some fun and remember to wear shoes/boots that are easy to put on and take off!
Facts courtesy of BATC