Who doesn’t want to hear about simple energy savers that not only help the environment but save you money as well?
These 8 tips can save you energy and money.
- Turn off your ice maker and use ice cube trays – this can save you 14-20% on your fridge’s energy consumption!
- Use your dishwasher – the dishwasher uses about 1/3 less water than hand washing and you don’t have to do the dishes!
- Turn off that burner – turn the burner off before you finish cooking as it does not cool off immediately and you can use that heat to finish cooking!
- Buy an LCD TV – if you are buying a flat screen, LCD is the biggest energy saver!
- Use a laptop – a laptop computer uses about 1/3 less energy than a desktop computer!
- Add motion sensors – install motion sensors where room lights are often left on, they will turn lights on and off as necessary and save you energy!
- Put your lamps in the corners – lamps in the corners reflect their light off adjoining walls creating more light so you can use a lower wattage bulb!
- Blanket your water heater – a fiberglass insulation blanket around your water heater can save 4-9% on your average water heating bill.