If you are thinking about putting your home up for sale I have a few seller tips for you to follow to allow for a much smoother selling process. For some the seller tips may seem obvious but for others maybe not.
- Choose the right Realtor – choose a Realtor that has experience, knows the market and that you can work with
- Understand the process – make sure your Realtor explains the entire selling process to you so there are no surprises and you know what to expect at every point of the process
- Prepare your home – get your home in shape before you list it and if your Realtor has suggestions you may want to follow them as they have the experience, you do not see your home the same way an outside party may see it
- Market your home – make sure your Realtor is marketing your home online, with signs, open houses, mailings, etc., an ad in the local paper is not enough these days, most buyers are searching online
- Set a realistic price – the first few weeks that your home is listed are critical so you want to be priced where the market it at, sure you can always lower your price later but you lose those first weeks where the most people will view your home
- Be ready to negotiate – most buyers will want to negotiate with you on price, closing costs, etc., be ready to negotiate with them and know that most buyers are not going to just offer you what you are asking
- Where are you headed – don’t forget to have your move planned, your home may sell in a few days or a few months, but you need to be ready to move on when you have an accepted purchase agreement, so plan ahead
By following these seller tips you should have a much easier time selling your home!