Spring is just around the corner and with the mild winter we have been having spring fever is already starting! Maybe you are going to put your home on the market or perhaps you just want to spruce up your home for spring. I have a few simple fairly inexpensive tips to help you do just that!
- After all the wind, dirt and grime of winter you home could probably use a good power washing. If you don’t own a power washer you can rent one. You can do your entire house or just the areas that really show like the front porch, deck and patio.
- The gutters. Most of us cleaned out the leaves at the end of fall but even so, things find there way into the gutters over the winter, so give them a quick cleaning.
- See if your home needs paint. Maybe some of the trim is chipping, or your garage door or front door could could use a fresh coat of paint. After power washing you are set to paint.
- Wash the windows! You will be amazed how bright your home will be inside with shiny clean windows. Do the inside and outside and if you are putting up screens, make sure and wash those as well.
- Mulch is a simple item that can really spiff up the appearance. Put out a fresh layer on top of the old weathered mulch from years past and you will be amazed.
- Add some potted plants with pretty flower to give a fresh, homey appearance.
With a little time and effort your home will be ready for spring and summer!