What are the trends for 2013 in housing? What people are looking for is always changing, one day shag carpeting is in, the next day it is totally out. Are you thinking of doing some renovating? You may want to take note of this list of what people are going to be looking for. According to the Neil Kelly Co, the following are the top 10 trends for 2013.
- Healthy homes – green is in, energy efficient, chemical free homes.
- Multigenerational living – making space for parents or a parent in your home either with more space in your home or a mother-in-law apartment.
- Texture and sparkle – gold or silver accents, glossy or glass tiles, anything that sparkles.
- Stone finish – Calcutta marble is the trend, especially in bathrooms.
- Color of the kitchen – charcoal grey is in and is replacing stainless steel.
- Simple sinks – in the kitchen, the double sink is being replace by one large sink.
- Glass backsplash – especially in contemporary kitchens, the glass backsplash (sometimes painted) is replacing the tiled ones.
- Hardwood floors – these have been in for some time but are still making the top 10 list.
- Quartz countertops – granite is going out and Quartz is the new choice for no-maintenance finish in the kitchen.
- Kitchen – contemporary, clean and simple style is in.
You must be logged in to post a comment.