You have decided to make some home improvements but you need to hire a contractor. What do you need to do to hire the best person for the job?
- Check with family and friends to see if they have recommendations for you
- Interview at least two or three different contractors to see who would be the best fit for you and your project
- Make sure the contractor is currently licensed where the work is to be done
- Ask your top choices for references, and check with the BBB to make sure the contractor is on the up and up
- Get bids for the work from your top choice contractors
- Check on the payment schedule they use, if they want all the money up front, that is something to be wary of
- Remember that the lowest price is not always the best deal in the long run
- Get everything you agree to in writing prior to starting the work
- If you make changes during the work process, make sure and get them in writing along with the price change
You must be logged in to post a comment.