I have a few more interesting statistics, this time on sellers and Realtors from the National Association of Realtors Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers 2012.
- 38% of sellers who used a real estate agent found their agent through a referral by friends or family, and 23% used the agent they worked with previously to buy or sell a home.
- Approximately 2/3 of home sellers only contacted one agent before selecting the one to assist with their home sale.
- 93% of sellers reported that their home was listed or advertised on the internet.
- Among sellers who used an agent, 84% reported they would definitely, 66%, or probably, 18%, use that real estate agent again or recommend to others.
- The share of home sellers who sold their home without the assistance of a real estate agent was 9%. 33% of FSBO sellers knew the buyer prior to home purchase.
You must be logged in to post a comment.